The Endowment IndexTM is an objective benchmark for investors who implement a three dimensional portfolio that incorporates alternative investments. This investable* index is used for portfolio comparison, investment analysis, research and benchmarking purposes by fiduciaries such as trustees, portfolio managers, consultants and advisors to endowments, foundations, trusts, DB/DC plans, pension plans and individual investors. The Endowment IndexTM has been co-created by Endowment Wealth Management, Inc. and ETF Model Solutions, LLC.
Download Endowment Index Fact Sheet
NOTE: For some data providers, such as Google Finance, entering the symbol “ENDOW” will be enough to access live index data. However, for some providers, a precursor to the must be entered, for example: Yahoo! Finance: ”^ENDOW”, Schwab Streetsmart Edge: “$ENDOW”. If your quote provider does not currently provide you with data on the Endowment Index, please submit a request to your provider rep or their technical support team.
For more information about the Endowment IndexTM, contact EWM at 920.785.6010.
- May 22, 2014. Endowment Wealth Management & ETF Model Solutions Announce Launch of Endowment Index (Symbol: ENDOW). For entire release, see: Endowment Index Launch Press Release Final May 22 2014.
- May 7, 2014. Effective Monday, May 19, 2014, NASDAQ OMX will begin dissemination of the Endowment Index (Symbol: ENDOW) on the Global Index Data Service 2.0 (GIDS 2.0). For Entire Release see: NASDAQ OMX Announces Launch of the Endowment Index Effective May 19, 2014
HISTORY BEHIND THE INDEX
EWM and ETFMS research was unable to uncover any readily-available, broad public index for tracking three-dimensional, endowment-type portfolios (i.e. globally diversified across equities, fixed income, and alternative investments). Thus, we set out to create an index that:
- was based upon an objective methodology
- selected investable underlying index components in an objective manner
- was widely disseminated and accessible to institutional investors, investment professionals, and retail investors
Share and Enjoy