WEEKLY CAPITAL MARKET HIGHLIGHTS:
- Among equities, large caps outperformed small caps; value stocks led growth stocks; domestic stocks outperformed international stocks; and developed markets trailed emerging markets.
- The yield on the 10-year Treasury Note hit 3%. The yield on the 10-year Treasury Note finally hit 3%, the first time since January 2014.
- Commodity indices slid. Both crude oil and gold prices fell.
- Dollar jumped. The dollar rose sharply versus all major currencies, driven by higher bond yields.
- Among major economic data, 1Q/2018 GDP grew at a better-than-expected annualized pace of 2.3%; home prices continued to surge, with S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller 20-City Composite City Home Price NSA Index jumping 6.8% in February from a year ago; the job market remains strong, with jobless claims continuing to fall.
Click here to download the complete weekly report: Endowment Wealth Management Weekly Review April 27, 2018