WEEKLY CAPITAL MARKET HIGHLIGHTS:
- Among equities, small caps outperformed large caps; value stocks beat growth stocks; international stocks trailed US stocks; and emerging markets underperformed developed markets.
- Treasury yields edged up. The yield on the 10-year US Treasury Note ended the week at around 3.2%.
- Commodity indices little changed. Gold price rose, whereas crude oil prices fell.
- Dollar indices rose. The dollar appreciated against most major currencies during the week.
- Among major economic data, September retail sales rose 0.1% from August, well below expectation; initial jobless claims fell by 5,000 from last week to 210,000; September existing home sales fell 3.4% from August.
Click here to download the complete weekly report: EWMWeeklyReview 10.19.18