WEEKLY CAPITAL MARKET HIGHLIGHTS:
- Among equities, large caps under-performed small caps; value stocks matched the performance of growth stocks; domestic stocks outperformed international stocks; and developed markets trailed emerging markets.
- Treasury yields little changed. The yield on the 10-year Treasury fluctuated within the narrow range of 2.95% – 3.00%
- Commodity indices jumped. The West Texas Intermediate crude oil price rose above $70 per barrel, as the US announced its withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal.
- Dollar slid. The dollar index fell slightly after surging over the past several weeks.
- Among major economic data, April CPI rose 2.5% year over year, matching expectation; Core CPI rose 2.1% year over year, less than expected; May University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index was 98.8, unchanged from April.
Click here to download the complete weekly report:Endowment Wealth Management Weekly Review May 11, 2018