WEEKLY CAPITAL MARKET HIGHLIGHTS:
- Domestic equities were positive for the week, with small cap stocks leading the way. European equities also were up on the week, whereas Japanese stocks slid.
- The Yield on the 10-Year US Treasury Note ended the week lower, as trade tensions between the US and China continue to escalate.
- The US dollar fell over the course of the week against a basket of currencies, as Friday’s employment figures seemed to assuage any concerns that the Fed may take sharper-than-expected future rate actions.
- Commodities were down overall, led by a drop in energy prices. Precious metals were in positive territory for the week.
- In other economic news, the US trade deficit narrowed sharply in May, with exports rising 1.9% versus a 0.4% increase in imports.
Click here to download the complete weekly report: EWMWeeklyReview 7.6.18