WEEKLY CAPITAL MARKET HIGHLIGHTS:
- Among equities, small caps outperformed large caps; growth stocks beat value stocks; international stocks essentially matched the performance of US stocks; and emerging markets under performed developed markets.
- Treasury yields little changed. The yield on the 10-year Treasury Note stayed close to the 2.85% level.
- Commodity indices declined slightly, dragged down mainly by sliding gold price, which hit a 52-week low during the week.
- The dollar’s rise slowed somewhat, after President Trump complained about the strong dollar.
- Among major economic data, retail sales surged, housing starts plunged, and jobless claims hit a multi decade low.
Click here to download the complete weekly report: EWMWeeklyReview 7.20.18