- Equity markets indices were generally down across the board. Domestic indices were not able to recoup Tuesday’s losses.
- Volatility persists in the market. Even though the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX) was down during the week, it remains above its historical average.
- Mortgage rates remained flat during the week, causing the stocks of home-building companies to rise.
- Commodity prices rose despite the decline in oil prices.
- Treasury yields ticked slightly higher, but uncertainty about ongoing trade negotiations and the government shutdown are cause for some concern.
Click here to download the complete weekly report: EWMWeeklyReview 1.28.19
Disclosure: Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.