WEEKLY CAPITAL MARKET HIGHLIGHTS:
- Among equities, small caps essentially matched the return of large caps; growth stocks under performed value stocks; international stocks outperformed US stocks; and emerging markets beat developed markets.
- Treasury yields fell. The yield on the US 10-year Treasury Note ended the week at around 3.1%.
- Commodity indices rebounded. Although crude oil prices plunged, most other commodity prices rose.
- Dollar indices declined. After reaching an 18-month high early in the week, the dollar ended the week lower against most other currencies.
- Among major economic data, October headline CPI rose 2.5% year over year, matching expectation; October core CPI rose 2.1% year over year, slightly below expectation; October retail sales surged, jumping 0.8% from September.
Click here to download the complete weekly report: EWMWeeklyReview 11.16.18