- Among Equities, large caps underperformed small caps; growth stocks led value stocks; domestic stocks outperformed international stocks; and emerging markets outperformed developed markets.
- Treasury yields trended downward during the week. The yield on the 10- Year Treasury Note fell roughly five basis points during the week and ended around 2.74%.
- Commodity indices were mixed during the week. Crude oil and natural gas both declined marginally, and gold and silver prices steadily increased throughout the week.
- The US dollar declined over the week. The Federal government shutdown and weaker economic indicators weighed on the currency.
- Among economic data released this week, consumer confidence fell more than expected as consumers indicated increased unease over the outlook for economic growth in 2019. Jobless claims for the week ending December 22 declined faintly to 216,000, but still remained within consensus expectations.
Click here to download the complete weekly report: EWMWeeklyReview 12.28.18