- Among equities, small caps trailed large caps; growth stocks beat value stocks; international stocks underperformed US stocks; and emerging markets outperformed developed markets.
- Treasury yields fell. The yield on the 10-year U.S. Treasury Note plunged below 2.50% and ended the week at around 2.45%.
- Commodity indices edged up.The price of gold rose as crude oil prices edged higher, but ended the week relatively flat.
- Dollar indices little changed. While the dollar rose against both the euro and sterling, it fell against the yen.
- Among major economic data, January durable goods orders rose 0.3% (less than expected); the Fed left the federal funds rate unchanged during the FOMC meeting; and February existing homes sales rebounded sharply.
Click here to download the complete weekly report: EWMWeeklyReview 3.25.19
Disclosure: Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.