- Among equities, large caps underperformed small caps; value stocks led growth stocks; domestic stocks outperformed international stocks; and developed markets outperformed emerging markets.
- Treasury yields trended downward during the week. The yield on the 10-Year Treasury Note fell roughly four basis points during the week and ended around 2.39%.
- Commodity indices were mixed during the week. Gold and grain prices each dipped more than 1.00%, whereas crude oil prices rose week over week.
- The US dollar appreciated over the week relative to a basket of foreign currencies.
- Among major economic data released this week, consumer spending marginally increased in January, whereas the price index for personal-consumption expenditures (a key inflation gauge) declined. New US home sales ticked up in February for the second straight month.
Click here to download the complete weekly report: EWMWeeklyReview 04.01.19
Disclosure: Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.