- Among equities, large caps trailed small caps; growth stocks beat value stocks; international stocks underperformed US stocks; and developed markets outperformed emerging markets.
- Treasury yields fell. The yield on the 10-year US Treasury Note slid back to 2.50% from 2.56% at the beginning of the week.
- Commodity indices declined. Crude oil prices plunged towards the end of the week after rising early in the week.
- Dollar rose. The dollar jumped and the dollar index (DXY) hit a 52-week high during the week.
- Among major economic data, Q1 2019 GDP rose 3.2%; new home sales jumped, initial jobless claims rebounded; and durable goods orders surged.
Click here to download the complete weekly report: EWMWeeklyReview 4.29.19
Disclosure: Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.