WEEKLY CAPITAL MARKET HIGHLIGHTS:
- Among equities, large caps under-performed small caps; growth stocks trailed value stocks; domestic stocks outperformed international stocks; and emerging markets led developed markets.
- Treasury yields continued to climb. The yield on the 10-Year Treasury Note is approaching 2.4%, within striking distance from the 2.45% level at the beginning of the year.
- Commodity indices fell. Both crude oil and gold prices fell in light of the stronger dollar.
- The dollar index continued to rebound. The dollar continued to rise against most major currencies.
- Among major economic data, September non-farm payrolls fell due to disruption from hurricanes; the unemployment rate fell, and hourly wages jumped; the ISM Manufacturing Index surged above 60; and vehicle sales rebounded.
Click here to download the complete weekly report: Endowment Wealth Management Weekly Review October 6, 2017